We invite photographers, to submit photographs of nature that generate a sense of wonder and empathy with nature's biodiversity. Individuals above 18 years can participate in this photography contest.
All photographs must be the photographer's best "visualization of nature".
REGISTRATION AND SUBMISSION
1. Submissions will be open from April 10th, 2020 till June 1st, 2020.
2. The contest closes at 11:59 PM IST on June 1st, 2020.
3. The registration and upload of the images can be done at www.discover-places.com/
4. The organizers of the contest will be allowed to use the images for promotions, with due credit, to the photographer. For any other use, the organizers will contact the photographers before using the image.
5. The sponsor for the award will have the right to use the images and may engage the winning photographers for promotional activities.
6. The prizes will be awarded to the contestant after the necessary tax deductions.
7. The host of this photo contest reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the host’s control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such a case, the host may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the host.
8. The host reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these terms.
9. The host has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering.
10. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the host reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. The entry fee for the event is ₹ 200. Participants can upload 3 photographs.
1. Photographs that are submitted must have been taken in the last 5 years.
2. All digital images must be in JPEG format.
3. The image size should not exceed 2MB.
4. Photographs with borders, frames, watermarks or signatures will not be considered for judging.
5. Basic re-touching (brightness, saturation, sharpening, and contrast) of images are acceptable as long as the photograph retains its original form. Any image that appears drastically different from its RAW version will be disqualified.
6. Once shortlisted, participants will be contacted to provide the accompanying RAW file. The participant shall submit the RAW file, in short notice. All information regarding the post-processing of the image must be shared on request.
7. The stitching of images is allowed only if the resultant image is a panoramic one and should be specifically mentioned.
8. Each image will have to be accompanied by a relevant title and description.
1. Entrants must always be mindful of the welfare of the surroundings/ wildlife they are photographing and ensure that no harm, injury or distress is caused to nature/ wildlife or to the habitat in an attempt to secure an image.
2. Entrants must not deceive the viewer or attempt to disguise and/ or misrepresent the reality of the natural scene.
3. Entrants are responsible for ensuring full compliance with any applicable national or international legislation and for securing any relevant permits that may be required in the process of photography.
4. No images of pets/ captive animals/ nests (hatchlings), will be accepted.
5. If the organizers suspect that an entry has been achieved through cruel or unethical practices, including the use of live bait, the entry will be disqualified.
6. Caption information supplied during the registration process must be complete, true and accurate.
7. The organizing team, sponsors and partners are not allowed to participate in the contest.
8. Any breach of the ethical standards listed here will be considered a breach of the rules.
The jury, comprising a group of renowned professionals in the photography and conservation field will meet to select the winning images using the following criteria:
4. Technical and artistic considerations
The winner will be announced by June 5th, 2020.
1. Mr. Ricky Kej
2. Mr. Mithun H
3. Ms. Aarzoo Khurana
4. Mr. Angad Achappa
5. Mrs. Sugandhi Gadadhar
₹ 5,000 for the winner